Granite Bay Homes for Sale
Granite Bay, California
Granite Bay's roots lead back to the early 1850's, when gold miners first settled the banks of the American River. According to retired Park Ranger Dave McGrath there were 37 gold mining settlements along both sides of the River. In its earliest beginnings, it was known as "Granite Bar", a small mining camp just below Horseshoe Bar. The North Fork Ditch, built by the Natoma Company between 1852 and 1954, not only allowed miners to surface mine gold, it continued to supply water to the area and attracted settlers who planted olive and almond orchards.
The community was officially recognized as "Granite Bay" in 1987. As an unincorporated community, the Placer County Board of Supervisors is the local governing body, and a local Municipal Advisory Council provides input and advice to the Supervisors.
It is situated on the north shore of Folsom Lake about 25 miles northeast of Sacramento on the eastern edge of the Sacramento Valley at the base of the Sierra foothills. The community boasts of a very high quality of life due to its great location, sound community plan, first rate schools, numerous churches, a low crime rate and excellent recreation opportunities. The community is home to some of the Sacramento areas finest and most exclusive homes.
Granite Bay Homes for Sale Properties
- El Dorado Hills Homes for Sale
- Cameron Park Homes for Sale
- Carmichael Homes for Sale
- Citrus Heights Homes for Sale
- Diamond Springs Homes for Sale
- El Dorado Homes for Sale
- Fair Oaks Homes for Sale
- Folsom Homes for Sale
- Gold River Homes for Sale
- Granite Bay Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale in East Roseville
- Homes for Sale in West Roseville
- Homes for Sale with Swimming Pools in El Dorado Hills, CA
- Homes for Sale with Swimming Pools in Folsom CA
- Orangevale Homes for Sale
- Placerville Homes for Sale
- Rancho Cordova Homes for Sale
- Rescue Homes for Sale
- Roseville Homes for Sale
- Shingle Springs Homes for Sale
Data maintained by MetroList® may not reflect all real estate activity in the market. All real estate content on this site is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act of 1968, as amended, which makes it illegal to advertise any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status or national origin or an intention to make any such preference, limitation or discrimination.