Placerville Homes for Sale
Situated above the fog line and below the snow line, Placerville boasts an ideal climate with four distinct seasons. Accessibility to Placerville is via State Highway 49 and U.S. Highway 50, along one of the most traveled corridors in California. Placerville's treasured heritage is reflected in the historical, nineteenth century architecture of it's downtown core.
The history of Placerville began with the "rush for gold" to California in the 1840's. The highly publicized discovery of gold in the tail race section at Sutter's Mill in Coloma (only 10 miles from Placerville) in 1848 resulted in the migration of thousands of fortune-seekers to Northern California in the mid 1800's. The town of Placerville was named after the placer deposits found in the river bed between Spanish Ravine and the town plaza. During the gold rush, Placerville became an important supply center for the surrounding mining camps.
Placerville is well situated, serving as a hub for many nearby destinations and activities. Premier wineries, Apple Hill ranches, historic Coloma, the American River and the El Dorado National Forest are all located within minutes of downtown Placerville. Placerville’s economy will continue to be strengthened and infused by these established and newly developing areas of opportunity.
Placerville Homes for Sale Properties
- El Dorado Hills Homes for Sale
- Cameron Park Homes for Sale
- Carmichael Homes for Sale
- Citrus Heights Homes for Sale
- Diamond Springs Homes for Sale
- El Dorado Homes for Sale
- Fair Oaks Homes for Sale
- Folsom Homes for Sale
- Gold River Homes for Sale
- Granite Bay Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale in East Roseville
- Homes for Sale in West Roseville
- Homes for Sale with Swimming Pools in El Dorado Hills, CA
- Homes for Sale with Swimming Pools in Folsom CA
- Orangevale Homes for Sale
- Placerville Homes for Sale
- Rancho Cordova Homes for Sale
- Rescue Homes for Sale
- Roseville Homes for Sale
- Shingle Springs Homes for Sale
Data maintained by MetroList® may not reflect all real estate activity in the market. All real estate content on this site is subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act of 1968, as amended, which makes it illegal to advertise any preference, limitation or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status or national origin or an intention to make any such preference, limitation or discrimination.